Tuesday, April 8, 2008

It's a Girl!

Here is our sweet little baby girl. We named her Clarissa Vay Beagley. Clarissa is a family name on my side and Vay is Kyle's grandma's name. She was born on Saturday morning just after midnight, April 5! I'm not due until the 20th but she is full term and beautiful and healthy! She weighed 6 lbs 8 oz and was 20 inches long. Kirsten had come really fast so we were afraid that this baby would come even faster so I was a little worried about how my labor would go. I had just gone about my regular day on Friday and then I started to bleed a little bit so we decided to go to the hospital and get checked. We kept thinking they would probably send us home since I wasn't feeling any contractions. The monitor was picking up contractions and I was progressing so they decided to keep us! We went in at 6 pm and she was born just after midnight. It was so strange to be in the hospital in labor and not be in panic mode like with our other kids. It was just calm as we sat and waited for my body to progress more. It was a great labor! Thanks to Grandma Gayle and Aunt Megan for watching our kids and now my mom is staying with us until Friday. We are so blessed to have great family to help us.


The last picture of me pregnant with Clarissa!


Jannika is in love with this baby. She wants to hold her all the time. What a great big sister!

Baby with Grandma Gayle.


Baby with Grandma Seely.


12 comments:

Our life 2.0 said...

Congratulations!!! She's beautiful you guys! Janell you look just radiant for having a baby. We have a blog too! Check ours out. Let's stay in touch better. I miss you Janell!

Jenn said...

Aw...she's a beauty of a Beagley! And Janell, you look so peaceful! How nice to not panic, wondering if you'll get to the hospital on time! (If we could only be so lucky!) Congratulations!

Robert and Heather in Hawaii said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you!!! I checked your blog this morning to see if you had updated anything and you hadn't and then all of a sudden, here's a baby! I guess it's kind of like your labor! I'm happy that she came fast, but not too fast, early, but not too early.
We love you guys and are so happy for you all.
Love Heather and Robert
PS- Clarissa- I wasn't at all surprised to see that name :) It's beautiful.

Christina said...

CONGRATS!!!! I just got your blog address!! She is adorable!! 3 girls...WOW...good luck!! ;)

Keiauni said...

Oh geez! I've been checking this blog several times a day to see if you posted pictures yet! YES! Thanks for posting! She is super cute, and I just LOVE her!
Avey Violet can't wait to meet her best cousin! (we couldn't have planned this better...wink, wink!)

Alexis said...

So cute! We're so happy for you guys. Miles was wondering if Clarissa would marry him when they grow up?? :)

Errol and Megan said...

Beautiful Baby!!! I think I will have to come and give her somemore kisses!!! I think that meg needs some more of my kisses j/k!! lots of love you two!!!

Andi said...

Another girl!! Congrats, she is beautiful!! It was a good week to have a baby. My neice and nephew were born this past week also! Have fun with the new little one!

Smith Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

Congrats on the baby, that is great!!!I hope you won't mind if I check your blog occasionally for updates. Tell Kyle hello from me.

Ashley McKell Christiansen

Keiauni said...

That baby's AUNTIE is coming to see her!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!