Friday, September 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Kyle!

It's Kyle's big 3-0 today! Wow, are we really this old?! Anyway, just wanted to give you a shout out, honey and I wanted to tell the rest of you 30 things about my hot husband!

1. He is very funny. He makes me laugh all the time!
2. He doesn't really like candy or other things that are too sweet, except Swedish Fish.
3. He does like Japanese food, Chilis restaurant, cinnamon rolls, donuts and sunflower seeds.
4. He doesn't do drama like really dramatic scenes on TV. So, in other words, we never watch CSI, ER, Grey's Anatomy etc. TOO much DRAMA! Maybe he doesn't like it because he lives in a house full of WOMEN! Sorry!
5. He does like to watch Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond and The Office. We are also liking the new Jay Leno show. Yay, it's at 9 now! (I know we are dorks because we don't want to stay up late to watch it!)
6. He is my buffer in social situations. I am naturally shy and he naturally talks to people so it makes it easier for me to meet/talk to people when I am with him.
7. He does really well with the Young Men and has pretty much had YM callings since we have been in family wards.
9. He is starting to like to play Scrabble. He did not like it when we first got married (my family plays it a lot) and a few days ago he won the game against me, my mom and LeAnne!
10. When he gets his mind set on something that he wants, that is all he thinks about. He looks for it online, comparing different ones (like trucks, camp trailers, 4-wheelers etc) until he finds exactly what he wants and then he finds a way to get it. Very persistent.
11. He loves our kids so much. They run to him when he gets home, he takes Jannika to scouts with him and gives them rides on the 4-wheeler. He is a great dad.
12. He loves going deer/elk hunting.
13. He likes to tell stories to our kids about when he was a little girl growing up in Ferron (his grandpa always told stories that started "When I was a little GIRL..." So Kyle tells them like that too.) The kids think it is so funny.
14. He is great about watching the kids while I have a girls night/day out.
15. He is a great handyman. He put in a new countertop, sink, beadboard for my mom and put up trim and beadboard in our girls' room.
16. He loves golfing and snowboarding.
17. He gets up in the night with the kids.
18. He changes poopy diapers :)
19. He sticks with things. Going to Japan on a mission was very challenging but he stuck with it.
20. He drove over to Ephraim from Price (about 1 1/2 hours) almost every weekend while we were dating. On my birthday, he even drove over and surprised me and had to drive back that night!
21. He has always been a friend to everyone.
22. He sometimes asks my mom or his to babysit and takes me out on a date.
23. He ran for city council this year and maybe will run again in the future.
24. He works for government agencies but is NOT a tree hugger!
25. He likes 80's music, a lot!
26. He took a ballroom dance class with me and liked it!
27. He sometimes forgets the punchlines to jokes.
28. He honors the priesthood.
29. He has a very strong testimony.
30. I'm so glad he's mine!

Happy B-Day Honey!

6 comments:

Kyle and Janell said...

I have the coolest wife in the world!

Keiauni said...

Hope it was awesome! Sorry that we didn't hang out! Soon I hope!

...did someone get some 4 wheelers for his birthday??

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Kyle! My dad used to tell us stories about when he was a little girl, too. Great dads do that. ;D

Kyle is one of a kind! I didn't know all those things about him!

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday Kyle! Glad you made it to 30! ;)

Candace said...

Happy Birthday Kyle! I loved your list Janell...it made me laugh. Kyle would always tell us jokes and they would be so long and then he would get to the punch line and just smile for a second and then make something random up that made no sense but we would all still laugh. My dad also tells the stories of when he was a little girl! :) Maybe one of these years we will make it to a family reunion to see you guys. Hope everything is good!

Christina said...

Great post Janell!!! Happy (late) birthday Kyle! Ritchie and I happen to think you are one cool kat! :) Janell is one lucky gal! You two are so cute!