Monday, August 2, 2010

July

For the fourth of July, we went down to Kyle's sister, Trista's house and did our traditional picnic with our hobo sticks. We also went to the park to see the parade and have some cotton candy. Rusty and Trista also blessed their baby the next day.

Kyle's sister, Megan, was getting rid of some things and sold us some bikes and this bike trailer. We have loved them! It is so nice to just use the bike trailer when we go down the street to visit grandma.
This was our 24th of July primary activity where the kids dressed up and did a little parade around the block. I love my little pioneer girls!
I love this picture of Kyle and Claire at the 24th of July parade! We had tons of fun and TONS of candy. The kids also caught two goldfish during the games at the park (both of which have since met their demise:( )

My brother's kids were here for a while for Pageant practice and also my sister's daughter. I took all the kids swimming last week and they had a ball and they were all good! Yay!
Here's Claire, just loungin' by the pool!
I have loved having a garden this year. Here is some of our corn that is almost ready to pick and the bottom is a picture of one of our pumpkins. (Notice how I took some close ups so that you couldn't see my large weed patch too:) We planted several different varieties of pumpkins, peas, beans and crook neck squash. As Claire would say, MMM, Num Num:)

3 comments:

Alexis said...

Cute, cute girls! Yummy garden, too. We have a very small one so we pretty much just have tomatoes, peas and peppers. It's so fun to grow stuff!

Jacqueline said...

Looks like you guys had a fun summer! So glad! :)

J and M Gilbert said...

Yeah for gardens! Yeah for Janell! Yeah for your cute girls!