Monday, November 8, 2010

Got $3 and 30 minutes?

I was so excited about this I just had to post it! I found this website the other day called naptimecrafters.blogspot.com and saw this dress and I HAD to make it! I didn't have any sweaters I wanted to cut up so I went to DI and bought this one for $3. I followed her instructions and in 30 (yes, 3-0 minutes) I cut out and sewed this dress. It was so easy!
On the instructions she cuts hers into two pieces and gathers the bottom. I liked the idea of just having one piece and having it straight and flared a bit on the bottom.
Some tips:
I laid out another one of Claire's dresses on top of this one (make sure it is a jumper so you can cut the armholes the right size) and cut around it.
If you have a taller/older child you will need to get a longer sweater or buy two of the same sweater on clearance or something.
I couldn't find a long sleeved sweater that I liked but if you want the sleeves longer, you will obviously want to buy a long sleeved sweater.
You may want to look at the care instructions on the tag because I didn't and only later realized this is dry clean only. Boo. But, hopefully they won't be doing anything too messy in nursery:)


4 comments:

Alexis said...

I've seen that blog, too! There are SO many fun ideas out there aren't there? The dress turned out super cute and Claire is so adorable!

Jessica said...

This is extremely adorable! You did a great job. :D So talented!

Cory and Monika said...

You did a great job. I love the gray! Are you coming up for GNO on the 20? It will be a blast!

Keiauni said...

Love!
Love the girl.
Love the dress.

I MUST do this:)

So?
How's the house coming?
I can't wait to see EVERY.Single.Detail, that you have picked out:)