Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Happy Blogversary??




It was around this time last year that I first started blogging and I would like to mimic my cousin, Christina, and wish myself a happy blogversary but... this hasn't exactly been the "happiest" year of my life. I have enjoyed blogging despite the sadness of some of my posts. I could list all of the unhappy things that have happened in the last year but most of you know about almost all of them and I don't want this post to be too much of a downer so I will just tell you about some recent happenings:)

My oldest child is going off to school. This is bittersweet because I want her to go to school because she Loves learning and being social and I want to encourage those tendencies in her. I am sad to see her go but I know she loves it and it also gives me some time with Kirsten and the baby.

Kirsten has been okay with Jannika going to school. I thought she might have a hard time but even when we walked to the bus stop on the second day of school and put Jan on the bus, Kirsten just smiled and waved to her. When she gets off the bus at the end of the day, Kirsten gives her a big hug and says, "I love you, Jan" every single day!

Clarissa has been doing better. Our doctor gave her new medicine so she is on Pepcid now and I don't know if it is the medicine that has helped or just the fact that she is getting older and growing out of her reflux a bit. She still spits up a lot but she is a little happier and has actually started to go to bed at about 10:00 to 10:30ish. Hooray! I have also stopped nursing her which is also something that is bittersweet. I really liked nursing my older kids and did it until they were around a year old. But, for my own mental health, I decided to stop nursing and it has helped me a lot. I know, I know, I might get fired from my job because of it:)

I have had a horrid sinus infection for the last two weeks. Why has it gone on this long, you ask? Well, because I was an idiot and thought that it would just go away by itself and so I waited for that to happen. Meanwhile, I was dizzy all day, had horrible headaches that would change places in my head and my stomach didn't feel great either (hence, no blogging). I guess the reason I didn't go to the doctor (besides my upbringing that shuns medicine and encourages being tough) was because I didn't have a horrible cold and so I didn't know what was going on and truly did think that it would just go away. Anyway, I got some antibiotics on Saturday and they have kind of been working although I still feel a bit dizzy and have a headache some of the time.

We have put our house up for sale. We just thought, man, it has been over a year since we moved and we just want that wonderful experience again...right. Anyway, if you know anyone who wants a large, old house in Price, Utah, send them our way! We are entirely re-doing the kitchen (including removing 10 layers of wallpaper, a wall, old cabinets, carpet and linoleum etc) and putting in new stuff. Yeah, we'll get it just how we want it and then sell it! Oh, well. We are moving back to Castle Dale to help with the farm and just be close to my mom. We will be living in a house that is just through the block from my parents' house that they own and have been renting out.
Oh, and I just painted the kitchen this morning and am trying to find a new word to describe the yellowness of it. Have you ever heard of "shocking yellow" or "extreme neon yellow"?! I shall have to remedy this situation. Stay tuned...

7 comments:

Christina said...

YAY!! Happy Blog-versary to you! haha!! I am glad that you have used the phrase! It is such a good one!
You have had a rough year, it's true! I think it's your turn for some serious R&R from trials! I know that is how I have felt this last year! Good Luck selling your house! I'm sure you'll sell it in no time! Are you moving in with your Mom, or are you going to find a house in Castle Dale?

Jenn said...

Good luck selling your house! It's nice to know that we aren't the only ones that move a lot! Jordan's family thinks we are nomads! I hope this next year will be a lot calmer! You deserve it!

Keiauni said...

LOL ...they called her "mello yellow"... is your new themesong!

Hey, I've been there with the sinus infection thing. I seriously thought I had some crazy disease or something...turns out, major sinus trouble! Did you get toothaches with it too? I actually went to the dentist once thinking I must have a cavity, due to the pain in my mouth, only to find out it was ANOTHER sinus infection. They seem to be my lot in life. I'm probably having a surgery in Nov or Dec to fix my stinking deviated septum so it won't happen anymore. SO sorry about you feeling rotten. Get well soon.

SCRAPBOOK EXPO/PARK CITY 2008 here we come! Only 8 more days....

Anonymous said...

Happy blogversary! I think it's wonderful that you can do this. I might jump on the bandwagon some day. Are you going to a scrapbook expo with Keiauni? And in park city? Not the one in SLC? Sounds fun. I've been doing some more scrapping. (It's hunting season so the men are gone a lot.) Good luck on the yellow paint problem. Why can't I get to Christina's blog anymore? It's locked or something.

Christina said...

Janell,

Tell Fawn to email me cjluvsrj@msn.com and I will send her an invite to my blog!

Robert and Heather in Hawaii said...

Happy Blogversary :)
So yes, you've had a bad year and I think it's only natural to start a new year with a trip to Hawaii!!! Free room and board!
We only charge for the towels and soap.
Haha! But seriously... you can always come stay with us.

The Barton's said...

I'm glad you are taking some antibiotics to help clear the head! I think you are still tough! I can't get the image out of my head from jr. high...when we were comparing bicepts! You could tell you helped on the farm at the looks of those muscles! :)