Friday, December 12, 2008

The Macarena is Alive and Well...


The Macarena is alive and well and living in Emery County! If you want to see it, just come to a stake dance and prepare to be awed and odd! Anyway, Kyle and I participated in a floor show at this dance and no, we did NOT do the Macarena. LeAnne was asked by the 3rd ward if she would teach them a floor show number. I came up to help her and asked Kyle to drop a CD off on his way home from work. He brought the CD and I thought he would promptly leave so as not to be roped in to doing any form of dancing. But, to my surprise, he stayed and they asked us to do the floor show with them (for those of you who don't know, we are in the 2nd ward so it wasn't even our ward). We had tons of fun doing the Cha-cha with them.
The top picture was taken at Kirsten's birthday party. We went down to Tropic to spend Thanksgiving with Kyle's dad and sister, Trista. Then Kirsten's b-day was the 28th and I had made her this butterfly cake. She loved it! Now she wants me to make a ladybug cake too. I also had a pic of Jannika learning how to play the piano. Steve's wife, Deann, teaches piano lessons and gave Jan her first lesson. She really caught on to reading the music and learned to play "Jolly Old St. Nicholas." We hope she can start piano lessons soon up here!

I just had to include this picture because I love it so much. We took some pictures of the girls but I could not get one of all three kids smiling at the same time and Kirsten refused to be in some of them...oh well.


4 comments:

Keiauni said...

The cake turned out DANG nice!
...and the pictures are adorable.

I know you are lying. You TOTALLY did the MACARENA... at least in your mind....and the whole time you were at the dance, you were thinking about your favorite song achy breaky heart.

It's just your personality, Janell...

Jenn said...

Your cake decorating skills are amazing! Love the dance idea - Jordan and I haven't danced since I was 8 months pregnant with Braden!

That picture of the girls is priceless!

Zilles Fam said...

Way cute blog header! You are so talented! Your little ones are so cute ... are they still betrothed to our kids? :)

Mike said...

I miss seeing and doing things with my family. I am very glad to see and hear about the experiences you are having. Megan is my idol, she is a replica of her Mother. Julie and I hope that each of you will have a fun and memorable christmas this year. Julie and I have not had any kids in our home for christmas for 9 or 10 years now. Kyle and Janell-time flys and before long you will be looking back at the memories you created. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Love Mike