Monday, August 31, 2009

The Dancing Potato

The other day I found this picture on the table. I asked Kirsten if she had drawn it. She said, "yeah, it's a picture of me. I look like a dancing potato!"

I asked Jannika how school was a few days ago. She said it was okay but they had too many recesses! (I think she didn't like it outside because it was soooo hot!)
I asked her about school lunch and she told me they had hot dogs that day.
Me: "How was your hot dog?"
Jan: "Pretty good. The outside bun was good but the hot dog looked kind of old; it was probably from the fifties!"

7 comments:

Alexis said...

Haha! What funny girls.

Keiauni said...

Oh wow! The fifties, eh?
...and Kirst, we have all looked like a dancing potato at one time in our lives:)

Jacqueline said...

Oh those two crack me up!! I bet you love just listening to them talk. Kidisms are the best!!!

Trista Rich said...

Kids say the dangdest things... My first graders
one: "nice day out isn't it?"
two: "Oh Fiddle Sticks!"
three: "Teacher you looked better with your jacket on..."

Those are the moments, I think that my job might actually be worth it. Love you guys, can't wait to see you this weekend...

LeAnne Seely said...

High-larious! Save that picture of the potato. That'll be pretty precious. And remember when Kirsten told me I needed to "decorate" the bed in the guest room at Grandma's? (That means to make the bed with sheets and blankets.) I guess Jannika was the only person in the state who was glad for the smoky air this week. It meant she didn't have to go outside for recess!

Mike said...

I love hearing about the things going on in your family. It makes me feel a little more normal.

Jessica said...

Hey sis! I read this while visiting Jax this weekend. We laughed hysterically! What characters! Cute, cute family!

I also wanted to tell you we have a blob now!

haglochdiaries.blogspot.com.

Check, check, check us out! Love you!