Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Miss you, Daddy

It is strange that it has been a whole year since my dad passed away. We remember him each day, of course, but today it is on our minds a bit more.

This is a picture of him at last year's county fair parade taken two weeks before he died. It is the last picture I took of him and I still keep it on my camera. ((He is the one walking beside the wagon).

This is a picture of our friend, Lee's wagon with a sign that says, "The Pageant Lives on. Thank you, Montell." The Castle Valley Pageant was not put on this year by a decision by the Church to only hold it every other year so it was nice that they put this sign on the wagon. It touched me that they would think to do that.
Miss you, daddy.

4 comments:

fawn said...

Thanks Janell. Very sweet. I love you.
From, Fawn

Larson Letters said...

The picture on your camera reminded me of me and how I have 2 voicemails on my cell from 2 weeks and 6 days before Rex's mom died. I just can't erase them yet, and it has been 2 years, since it is the only way I can hear her voice now. The "Missing Them" part of death never goes away. So, keep that pic on your camera for as long as you want!!! I hope things are going well. Take care of yourself!

Christina said...

Nice post Janell. We missed you at the reunion but it was fun to see your little Kirsten!

Cherice said...

You're so brave!!! I love you and am waiting for the day when we can play again... even for just a couple of hours :) I love your blog! its just so you... it makes me happy!