Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas parties and goodies




Here are some pics of our ward Christmas party. Jannika, Kaylee and Ashlyn were angels (they are Kyle's sister Megan's kids). They loved their part. Everything went well with the Nativity, much to the joy of the primary president (me)! Megan is my secretary and she really jumped on the project of making most of the costumes. She is great at it! Thanks, Megan!








Here are some of the goodies we made to take to our friends. The top picture is a chocolate bundt cake that is super easy to make.
1 chocolate cake mix
1 small vanilla instant pudding
1 C water
1/2 C vegetable oil
Mix. Grease bundt pan and coat with sugar. Pour batter in and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
Poppy Seed Bundt Cake
1 yellow cake mix
1 small vanilla instant pudding
1 C water
1/2 C vegetable oil
2 Tbsp poppy seeds
1 tsp almond extract
Mix. Grease bundt pan and coat with cinnamon/sugar. Pour batter in and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
(I actually like the poppy seed one better. It is a really quick and yummy dessert so I try to have the ingredients on hand.)
Soft Sugar Cookies
1 C butter or margarine
2 C sugar
2 eggs
1 C sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp soda
4 tsp baking powder
4 1/2 C flour
1/2 tsp salt
Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and beat well. Add the rest of the ingredients. (Best if refrigerated for a while). Roll out on well-floured surface and cut into shapes. Bake at 350 for 14 to 17 minutes.
Easy Yummy Frosting
1/2 C shortening
1/2 C butter
1 tsp vanilla
4 C powdered sugar
2 Tbsp milk
Mix shortening and butter. Add remaining ingredients. Can be used to frost cookies and can be used to decorate with a decorating bag and tips.
This is the only frosting recipe I use! It is soooo good.
One more fun thing I make during the holidays is yogurt pretzels. Just take almond bark and melt it in the microwave. Dip pretzels in and put on a tin foil covered cookie sheet. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Those are some great recipes! I love to make the Poppy seed bundt cake - it's JOrdan's favorite! I didn't know you were the Primary president! Wow, you're busy!

Keiauni said...

Mmmm...
We are making the chocolate pretzels this year, with the pretzel rods (the big ones) and then coating them Christmas candies. Yeah, I know I'm lazy!

Good looking recipes. YUM!

That is cool that you guys are in the same ward! I didn't realize that. SWEET!

Andi said...

Thanks for posting the recipes. I am always looking for something different. I usually make the same old things.