Sunday, December 2, 2007

Hooray!!!


Hooray, I am done doing Jacqueline's wedding cake! I have been stressing about it all month. I tried several different fondant recipes because I really wanted to learn how to do it and I didn't want to spend all the money on the ready made kind. I had several failures for every success but I finally found a good recipe, thanks to my sister, Fawn, and it worked out! I also need to post pictures of Jannika and Kaylee being flower girls (since my batteries ran out on my camera right after I took pics of the cake). They were sooooo cute. Jacqueline is Kyle's step-sister and her wedding was very nice. I loved how she picked red, black and white as her colors. Congrats, Jax!


It was also Kirsten's birthday on the 28th. She is 2 years old! She loved her new outfit from Grandma Gayle and also her Dora doll and princess camera. She is getting so big and definitely shows us that she is 2 some days!







5 comments:

Andi said...

You are very talented Janell. I don't think that I could ever make a wedding cake. It looked great. Happy Birthday Kirsten!

Alexis said...

Happy birthday Kirsten!! I can't believe how big she is getting, we miss you guys - very cute cakes!!

Keiauni said...

Wow! That turned out fab! Sorry we missed the wedding. I'm getting to the point that it is scary to even go to SLC! Thought she was going to come last night:)

Hopefully, the little bun will keep baking for two or three more weeks, right?

Jenn said...

I can't believe that Kirsten is 2 already! Where is the time going?! I'm impressed by your cake making skills! One day I want to take a cake decorating class so I can do fun things like that!

Larson Letters said...

Janell, I wish we were neighbors because I would love to learn how to make cakes like that from a professional! It looks amazing!