Monday, January 7, 2008

Trip to Phoenix

Two days after Christmas we headed down to Phoenix to visit my sister, Karla, and her family. My sister, LeAnne, came with us and we all squashed into our car. It was nice to have LeAnne with us because she kept our kids occupied in the back seat and it was just fun to have someone else along for the ride! We went to the Fiesta Bowl Parade that we all agreed was one of the best parades that we had ever been to. There were lots of balloons like this one and almost every other entry was a marching band (since they had had a marching band competition in Phoenix the night before.)
Another cool thing about the parade was seeing the Budweiser Clydesdales!

This is my brother-in-law, Thane; sisters, Karla and LeAnne and of Karla's kids sitting down: Edison, Peyton, Audrey, and Kari.
Playing with their new air hockey table. They also got "Dance, Dance, Revolution" for Christmas and we all had turns playing that. I wished that I had a picture of that but then, I bet this pregnant girl looked pretty funny playing that game!

Okay, okay, I know that I have my eyes closed but this one was the best out of the three that Kyle took! It does show LeAnne's cute new haircut that she got while we were down there. We also got in some good shopping.

Isn't it awesome that we are outside and it is sunny and not freezing in these pictures?! I still wore a jacket while we were there but the weather was so nice. And it was fun for my kids to get to play with their cousins that they don't get to see very much. Jannika and Peyton really hit it off and Audrey liked having someone to play Barbies with! We loved your house, Kar, and thanks to all of your family for letting us come stay!








3 comments:

Andi said...

You were close to our house...okay, so really you were 3 hours away! Isn't the weather nice in Arizona? I just wish that the wind didn't blow so much. (secretly I do miss the snow!)

Jenn said...

Sounds like so much fun! I think I'm ready for a little warmth right about now! But I would miss the snow if we moved away! You look great by the way!

Keiauni said...

Cool parade!! AZ is one of my favorite memories...going to visit my aunt in Tempe.
I'll be heading there in MAY for a wedding!
It is so fun in AZ!!