Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Happy Birthday to Jannika


Jannika and I had fun making her cake and cupcakes. She wanted to have a hula party so we had an ocean cake and gave her friends leis. We were also going to have a kiddie pool and run through the sprinklers but the wind was blowing and it was too cold. So we made some pictures with foam flowers and did a pinata inside.


Jannika got lots of fun things for her birthday. We gave her a new bike and gave Kirsten one too that we had saved from Christmas. They are in LOVE with their bikes. The night of the party the kids were in their room watching a movie and I went in to check on them and this is what I saw!

It was a fun birthday but here's some party tips: only invite as many kids as your child's age, (we ended up with a few more and it was kind of chaotic.) And, make sure that you have some other adults there to help you. I don't know why I was crazy enough to think I could do everything myself but I was lucky Kyle had the afternoon off and Megan was here to help too!

7 comments:

Andi said...

Happy Birthday!! I remember when we went to your party at the mobile home park! Fun times!! Our kids are growing up too fast! I don't know how you do it all Janelle, you are amazing!!

Alexis said...

Happy Birthday Jannika! I can't believe you are already 5 years old! We are so excited to see you next month (especially Sophie)! It looks like you had a fun party! Janell - very cute cake! Looks like some crazy fun! I love the picture of the girls on their bikes. :)

Keiauni said...

cute! happy bday J!

Christina said...

I love the cake! You did a great job! I agree with the # of kids that you invite! Looks like she had a GREAT time! That picure of the bikes...priceless! I love it!

Hawaii Heather said...

Okay- love the new blog look first off. And second- love the cake and cupcakes! Very creative. You're such a great mom!!!

Jenn said...

That is hilarious that they were watching the movie on their bikes! Happy Birthday Jannika! I can't believe she's getting so old! (That means we are getting so old, too!)

Keiauni said...

It was cool to see ya'll, and love on that babe this weekend. I hope she is doing well:)

~~ I keep cracking up thinking of Kirsten riding her Elmo bike around in your living room. SO CUTE!!

It was fun to tease Jan (big boy, big girl) this weekend. I love making her laugh.