Saturday, July 12, 2008

Jessica's wedding

Sorry, I'm a dork and didn't get a good picture of Joe and Jessica at their wedding so here's a pic of their invitation on my fridge! Jessica is Kyle's step sister. It was a beautiful wedding in the Bountiful temple. I made their cake and it turned out really well. I stressed about it, of course, but once you have figured out how to do fondant it usually is pretty easy.

We almost decided not to try to attend the sealing because of the baby but I am so glad that we did (thanks to Jacqueline for watching our baby). I love attending sealings. It always reminds me of the day that Kyle and I got married and how we must have looked to the people who came to ours. They are just so young and naive! Just kidding. But it does make me think about the fresh start they are making and the things that I could do to make fresh starts in my own marriage. Here are some of the best pointers that the sealer gave them that stood out to me. He started by telling Joe to stay worthy of the priesthood so that he could always be able to give his wife a blessing and that he should give Jessica a blessing in the next 24 hours. He told them both not to judge, to let things go, to smile and be positive. He said to go to the temple often and participate in sealings and listen closely to the words in the sealing prayer. He also told them not to get into debt and that things just get in our way. It is always good to be reminded of the things we need to be doing and be reminded that the temple is where our Heavenly Father wants us to be.

7 comments:

Christina said...

GREAT JOB ON THE CAKE!!! It looks great! Talented girl!!!!

Robert and Heather in Hawaii said...

JANELL!!!
I'm impressed!
So, I still haven't mastered, or even come close, to the fondant thing, so I'm so impressed with you. You did an awesome job!!! It looks fabulous!
You're just Mrs. Talent. When Martha retires, you'll be there smiling and ready to go.

Jenn said...

What great advise. And don't worry - I think the same thing about young couples! I'm actually really glad we're this far along - it's so great to have the added joy (and even the stress) of kids! Great job on the cake!

Errol and Megan said...

I loved the cake, Janell you did an awesome job!!!

Janet said...

WOW, that cake it beautiful! good job!!!

Keiauni said...

It was too pretty~ I cringed watching the video of it getting cut! hahaha!

Good to see you this week! Call me so we can TALK!!

(((HUGS)))

Marc and Lori Johnson said...

I swear Nelly, there is nothing that you can't do! You are amazing. The cake is fabulous!