Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th!

So, I don't know why I never really made smoothies before but I have been doing it lately and we have loved it! Here is Jannika enjoying a blueberry passion fruit smoothie (made with frozen blueberries, Hawaii's Own brand of passion fruit juice and lots of ice). Kyle actually gave me a smoothie maker a few years ago for Christmas and I have used it to make orange julius and other various things that you use a blender for, but only recently did I start putting in real fruit and making actual smoothies. Don't even ask me why I didn't do it before now! I have had to get a lot more creative with my breakfast menu because of my trying not to eat dairy so I add juice instead of milk/yogurt and they are still really yummy and a wonderful way to get your kids/husband to eat fruit!

We have been up in Tooele and Taylorsville this weekend for the 4th and the Beagley Family Reunion. We headed up to Tooele on Friday and watched fireworks in Grantsville with Kyle's brother, Judd and Keiauni and family. Then on Saturday we went in to Taylorsville to the Family Reunion. There were some water games, traditional candy sling shot, and we found out how talented Judd and Keiauni are at doing face painting (on faces, arms, ankles and farmer's tanned biceps!) I'm sure Kyle's mom will be so proud to know that Kyle wanted a tatoo with MOM written on it! Jannika was especially enamored with the face painting and got a hibiscus, a heart, a butterfly and a watermelon. I think I better watch her pretty closely when she is a teenager...


3 comments:

Jenn said...

Love the tat, Kyle! Your girls are all grown up! I can't believe it's been so long since the good ole trailer court days! But where are the pictures of Janell?! ;)

Melissa said...

It was so fun to see you guys at the reunion. Your girls are beautiful.

Keiauni said...

Ha Ha, LOL!! It was fun to hang out with y'all! Hey, you forgot the DI shopping spree, the Ty Herndon concert, and the AMAZING fireworks on my front porch:) j/k

(I think I was too tired to remember much of that evening)

BTW, I think Jan would have let me paint her entire bod, because she asked for a lot more painting throughout the day:)