Thursday, July 24, 2008

Me and the Munchkins


Kyle took Jannika to Salt Lake to the Days of '47 Rodeo so I'm here with the two littlest munchkins. I sure am going to miss Jannika when she goes to Kindergarten. I had been looking forward to her going because I know how much she loves to learn and socialize. Preschool was so good for her these last two years. But now I'm not so much looking forward to my sweet girl going off to school ALL day. For one thing, I've actually realized that she keeps Kirsten out of
trouble. I always thought putting two kids together meant more mischief but Jannika is a good kid and keeps Kirst occupied and tells her when she's out of line! When I'm just here with the littles, I don't know what to expect when I check on K!
Here's some of the latest stuff that's been going on: We've been driving over to Castle Dale a lot lately for Pageant practice. The Pageant starts next Thursday July 31 and goes through Aug. 9 if any of you are interested in coming. We would love to have you stay at our house if you come! We also got a new laptop computer. We had been borrowing my mom's laptop because our old computer just wasn't doin' it for us anymore (it is super slow and doesn't have a modem so we couldn't get the internet on it). So we saw a killer deal on laptops at Wal-mart and we snagged one. I think the deal is still on: $398 if any of you are in the market...
Kyle also hit me with a surprise and told me that a guy that he works with is looking to buy a house and so Kyle wanted to show ours to him and his wife. So I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned yesterday and this morning to get it showable so here are some of the results:

This is my new bedspread that I had to show off that matches my favorite rug below. It also goes with our shower curtain (three pics below).



You can just barely see my paint job in this pic but last year I tore off all the wallpaper in this bathroom and textured and painted the walls all by myself and then found the shower curtain and valance on clearance at K-mart. Gotta love clearance! Our house is still very much a work in progress and we aren't sure what we will do if they are actually interested in buying it! We would like to work our way back over to Castle Dale sometime. Maybe we are just getting restless because we have moved somewhere every single summer of our marriage and we just don't know what to do since we aren't moving! Ha!

7 comments:

Jenn said...

Your house is so cute! I love the matching bedspread/rug/shower curtain! I know what you mean about moving; we've done that too, and I've been so restless all summer! Good luck!

Robert and Heather in Hawaii said...

Janell, you're so grown up. You have a cute little house with a cute couch and cute walls that look like they came somewhere out of the HGTV channel. It all looks fabulous!

Carly said...

I think your house is awesome and I can't wait to see you all in the pageant this year.

Keiauni said...

The house is lookin' sweet!
SELL? Are you kiddin' me? I would cry if you sold that house!

good designing, paige! your a pro!

Devin said...

HI!!! hey i found your blog off of lori's blog! mine's devinolsen.blogspot.com
great to see your blog!

Our life 2.0 said...

I L O V E the living room! Good job. Cute cute family.

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the decorating and cleaning and all. Love Ya.