Saturday, May 2, 2009

Savin' Some Dough

Okay. I've been trying to get serious about my 3 month supply of food so I have started to print coupons and buy a bunch of stuff in bulk. We received some info in Relief Society about a guy who put together his family's 3 month supply just by buying a few extra items each week for 3 months. If you are interested in this I can send you a copy. I have written down what our family will need for 3 months worth of meals plus other necessities like diapers, toilet paper etc. Now I am trying to buy it a little at a time.

To save money on a lot of the items, I have been using the website www.pinchingyourpennies.com. Click on State Forums and find your state. For Utah it shows the week's deals at Albertsons, Smiths, Maceys and Associated Food Stores. Click on the store you want and then click Printable Shopping List. This shows you what the great deals are and also shows you what coupons can be used and how much you can save with the coupons. Sometimes it gives you a link so you can just print off the coupon. Since I don't receive any newspapers I just print off some coupons. Even if there isn't a deal on the item that week, print off the coupon anyway because there might be a deal on it next week. My favorite coupon printing website is www.couponmom.com.

Last time I went to Albertsons I spent $37, and saved $68!

I would love to hear what you guys do to save on groceries. If you have any money saving ideas, put them in the comment section! Thanks!

2 comments:

Keiauni said...

Glad to see you've jumped on the bandwagon! It can be very addicting...

I highly recommend getting at least two sunday papers each week for the coupons. Sometimes you can combine your internet coupons with the inserts, and get like double the savings!
(IE: stuff for free, free, free!) They cost $39 ea for the year, but you make your $$ back on the first shopping trip!

(can you get some delivered to Gayle's in Price, if you can't get them in C.D.?)

Farley's Story said...

So, I am glad you put this on your post. I was trying to remember the website you gave, and now I know. Thanks so much!!