Sunday, June 8, 2008

Tagged

What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was 16 and had just finished my sophomore year of high school and was preparing to do a handcart trek down the Hole-in-the-Rock in Southern Utah.

5 things that are on my to do list today:
(I'll do tomorrow since today is Sunday)
1. Laundry
2. Clean the bathrooms
3. Read to my kids (this is a goal that I am working on)
4. Do some scrapbooking Yeah!
5. Plan some meals and do some grocery shopping

What would you do if you suddenly became a millionaire?
Build our dream home, pay off our bills, put a bunch in savings and investments, give some to family and friends, do some traveling (Japan, Hawaii, Europe)

3 Bad habits
1. I try to solve everyone's problems
2. I stress myself out about everything
3. I have some serious road rage (okay, maybe not "serious" road rage, but I hate driving behind slow people and getting cut off)

5 places I have lived
Castle Dale, Ephraim, Price, Logan, Price

5 (okay 6) jobs I have had
1. Stewarts Bakery
2. CEU cafeteria (Kyle and I both worked there when we were first married and we made a grand total of $542 a month between the both of us!)
3. Newsletter Coordinator (for USU parking department)
4. Reading Tutor
5. Transcriptionist
6. Breastfeeding Peer Counselor

5 things you don't know about me
1. I don't like chaos. This would explain why I don't like prolonged fighting scenes in movies (okay, so there was a war...we get the picture, let's move on to the romantic part!) I also don't like confrontation. I have to have an argument settled before I can calm down.

2. I have a big sweet tooth. For some reason I feel like I have to have something sweet after every meal (except breakfast) or it isn't complete. This might be why the other day Jannika said to me, "Mom, we eat 5 times a day: Breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert and ice cream!" I probably better change this habit soon or else I might be wearing my maternity pants forever!

3. I like to do laundry and I also like to be organized but I can't seem to get that one down. There are constantly piles of papers, random baby/kid stuff everywhere, I never know where important papers are when I need them, I am constantly looking for some small scrap of paper that I jotted down something on like the price quote for our cabinets or somebody's phone number... the list goes on and on.

4. My stress relief is being creative. I LOVE to scrapbook, make cards, bake desserts, sew things, decorate my house etc. What is it about a scrapbook page or a cute little dress that you made that can make you so happy?!

5. I think that my husband is the hottest guy ever and I can't believe that he actually wanted to marry me. 7 years ago were were just starting to date and I didn't even dare think at that time that I might actually marry Kyle Beagley. I can't believe how right he is for me even though we are so different in so many ways.

6 comments:

Robert and Heather in Hawaii said...

Janell, LOL, you crack me up! I can just see you shaking your little fist at someone on the street and not being able to think of a bad name to call them in all your 'road rage'!!! I can tell by this post that you are happy and I'm so glad to see that. Makes me happy too!

Alexis said...

That was fun to read! :) I never knew about the road rage thing - I think I'd like to witness that. We had fun seeing you guys, too. Even though my girls were a little grumpy by the end..... And I'm sure Kyle was thinking the same things about you when you guys were dating (except that your a girl of course..)

Jenn said...

That's a great post! Every wife should be crazy about their husband - it would make the divorce rate disappear! I know what you mean about piles of paper and being organized, I can get it cleaned, but I can't keep it that way!

Keiauni said...

You are right. KYLE is HOT!
(not that I'm after him or anything, right?? :))

Cute post.

Let's go to the zoo again soon!

Ashley said...

I loved reading about you, you are such an awesome person. I always looked up to Kyle and admired him so much throughout high school and junior high. He treated everyone well and was a great friend.

tweedlediva said...

Hi Janell- it's Matt's wife, April. We found your blog- it's nice to see what your little family is up to. Ours is http://www.aprilcots.blogspot.com/ - if you want to catch up!