Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Kiddos


So, I just thought I'd give you an update on what my kids are doing lately. Claire is ever the unpredictable baby. Honestly it drives me crazy sometimes! I never know if she is going to have a good day or a bad one (bad meaning fussy and squirmy). She is a beauty, though, and I LOVE her sweet little smile and the personality that I can see coming through. She is four months old today and loves to eat...and eat...and eat. I am still nursing her but I give her 3 or 4 bottles a day. You would think that the bottle would be the feeding and that she would be happy. No. She requires a bottle and breastfeeding to be satisfied each time I feed her. Anyway, when is isn't eating food, she likes to eat her blanket and try to sit up as shown in the second pic of her. She also loves her swing and it is my lifesaver because it puts her to sleep. What is more angelic than a sleeping baby?
Miss Kirsten is growing up sooo much. We forgot her glasses the morning this pic was taken at the parade in Castle Dale but she still wears them and gets her good eye patched for a few hours a day whenever I can pin her down! She has a mind of her own and refuses to eat breakfast, except for eating the cream cheese off a bagel or one bite of a granola bar. Does that count?! She loves to sing and one of her favorite songs right now is "I Love to See the Temple." She sings most of the words right but at the end she says, "This is my sleeping beauty"!(instead of sacred duty). She says thank you for everything. One night she came into our room and Kyle was carrying her back to her bed. She was half asleep but she said, "thanks, dad, for opening the door," and "thanks for putting me in my bed." Each time we go to the pageant site, as we are getting in the car to go home, she says, "thanks a going to the mageant site." What a sweetie!
Jannika is just having fun being outside all the time. She plays in the gutter and rides her bike a lot. The other day, we were on a walk and she was riding her bike and we heard a loud pop. We looked around and realized it was her bike tire! She had riden it so much and skidded on the brakes that she had worn a hole in the tire! One day we were driving into our neighborhood and she asked me, "mom, where does quarter live?" I was baffled. I asked, "what on earth are you talking about?" She said, "you know, that lady at Church that is so nice to me?" Then it dawned on me, there's a lady in our ward that all the kids love and her name is: Penny!
We went to Kyle's 10 year high school reunion last Saturday. It was fun, but sorry, I didn't get any pictures. Anyway, he was telling someone that has two boys that we have three girls. They were kind of laughing about it and then Kyle said that he wouldn't change having three girls and he loves it. I am so glad he feels that way because I do too. We love our girls!

7 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow, your girls are so pretty! I'm glad things are going well for you; I wish we could make it down there for the pageant one of these years! Let us know if you are ever up this way so we can get together!

Brian said...

Hey Beagley's

Thanks for the update on the girls. Wow Kyle, I didn't realize you were so old...10 year reunion! Now that you are past your prime you'll have to polish up some stories about the good old days in Church Ball.

Carly said...

It was nice to see you comment on my blog! Your girls are darling and I loved watching them last night...well, atleast the first 1/2. By the second half, Chris and I were both completely soaking wet and my teeth were finally chattering so, we headed home with the heater blasting on me all the way! I'm really bummed we didn't get to see the whole thing. It is a very cute pageant and you, Kyle, and your girls did a great job! You will have to teach me how to make fondant sometime. I'm truly impressed with your cake making skills. I had no idea!

Keiauni said...

I love the new post! I am saving my pennies for the expo!!!

see you tomarrow!!

Our life 2.0 said...

They are growing up so fast! They are beautiful girls!! Just like their mommy.....okay I guess we can give Kyle SOME credit! ;)
I am seriously laughing that she requires a bottle AND then you! At least she has a healthy appetite right?!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I love your girls' blond hair, big eyes and beautiful smiles. Brooke likes to say "thank you" too, only she says, "inkyou."

Marc and Lori Johnson said...

How could you not love having three beautiful girls! I can't believe how big Jannika is getting! You girls are darling!